Monday, August 13, 2007

Limits

The heat is oppressive and I have been preoccupied with it the last couple of weeks. It's hard to think about anything else when it's 100 degrees and your air conditioner is struggling to keep up. I'm sick of trying to keep cool or figure out how I'm going to stay cool when I have to drag out into the world.

Ragged and I ventured out this weekend to some open houses. We are still planning to move, it just keeps getting pushed back, so we go out looking partly to see what's out there and partly for fun. We went to one house which would admittedly push our budget to the max but I felt like the realtor discounted us on appearance. Ragged always looks impeccable when we go out anywhere. I, however, looked like a homeless hitchhiker she picked up on the side of the road on the way. The nice part of that is the realtor isn't on you like a vulture trying to sell the house. We are pretty much ignored, so we can really explore and size up the house.
This weekend we are heading to North Carolina to visit Ragged's new nephew. Ragged is excited and I am wrought with anxiety. Leaving home for any period makes me nervous. I worry about the cats, the house, and what might happen. I'm a freak and I know it.
Cooper

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home