Saturday, August 20, 2005

Thanks, Dave!

Damn you, Dave Ramsey! Now look what you've made me do. I have been working a second job for 16 months now trying to do improve my financial situation Dave's way. It's been a long hard road and I'm so close (well within a year or so) of being finished with baby step 2. Anyone who has read his books knows what I'm talking about. For the rest of you, it's basically paying off all of your debt besides your house. At any rate, I've now taken on a third job which will only add about 3-4 more hours to my work week, but could potentially shave off two months of my ultimate goal of debt freedom. The job is (gulp) drug testing juvenile drug offenders. Now if that doesn't sound like fun, I don't know what does. Actually, I do it as a regular part of my REAL job, but doing it so often in such a concentrated way actually makes me nauseous. Imagine, watching someone pee into a cup and then sticking drug tests into that pee which comes in all kinds of colors and smells and with special additives that I won't go into right now. At any rate, the job starts soon and pays pretty well. And this is all because of Dave Frickin Ramsey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home