Sunday, July 09, 2006

Real Estate Blues

In about 4 weeks my next and last real estate class begins. It is a law class and the attorney who is teaching it got slaughtered by those in his class last semester. His students said he is disinterested in teaching the class and they were out of there in an hour and a half in favor of a basketball game when they should have stayed 2 hours and 45 minutes. Most students would probably jump for joy at not having to stay for an entire class, particularly a long night class, but when you're trying to learn everything you can to pass a test, you want to know every detail you can. At any rate, about a week ago, I went online and registered for the class. I was the first to sign up. This concerns me. If there aren't enough people in the class, it won't make and will be cancelled. Of course, I can take a marketing class, but real estate law makes up 1/3 of the licensing test, so I would prefer to take a class on law. At the same time, it may not be worth my while to spend the money if I'm ultimately not going to learn anything anyway. I'm going to wait a little longer and see if anyone else signs up for the class. I suppose I could just buy the book and self study and take the marketing class anyway. The instructor of the marketing class is the same one I had for my first class and I know he's committed to teaching his students what they need to know. The upside, it's not the worst dilemma I've been up against.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home