
One of my resolutions for 2008 was to pay more attention to my overall health and part of that is getting my annual health checks up to date. I haven't been to the doctor in years, primarily because I'm afraid. I have insurance and I don't have anything going on that is going to kill me (hopefully), but I just have this irrational fear of going like alot of people I suppose. At any rate, this is the year to rectify all that. I started with a visit to the eye doctor yesterday and I am going to try contacts again. I haven't had alot of luck with them in the past. My eyes just don't like small plastic sheaths of plastic over them. Go figure. Going against what my eyes have told me repeatedly, today I wore my new contacts for the first time for a few hours. Things went okay except I kept thinking I could see something in my visual periphery. I thought I saw someone outside the window and I kept looking out. It was unnerving, but obviously a side effect of the new contacts. Hopefully my eyes will adjust this time. Who knew that contacts were instruments of paranoia?
My next step will be going to the dentist. I recently obtained dental insurance which took effect on January 1, so my next endeavour will be getting my teeth checked out. I can't imagine all that needs to be done in there. It has only been a couple of years since I had a checkup, not counting the tooth I had recently removed. Then, it's on to the rest of my aging body. I should probably start looking for a doctor who is taking new patients and go ahead and make an appointment since it will probably be a few weeks before I can get in.
Today, Ragged took Cooper to the vet to check on his skin issue. I'm a nervous wreck. It seems like every time we take a cat to the vet, they end up being put to sleep.
Think good thoughts for The Boop
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home