Shame on You, China
I have to express my outrage at the way China is handling their "rabies" epidemic. Can you imagine squads of people in your town sweeping through the streets killing every dog? To me, they are doing psychological damage to their people, particularly their children who apparently are sometimes witnessing the killings. They are beating these dogs to death in some cases and all for something that kills a pretty small number of people each year. Their has to be a humane way to handle this situation. There has to be. Even if destroying the dogs is necessary, they could find a better way to do it. Their government is taking the easy way out and committing an atrocity at the same time. Oddly enough, I'm more bothered by this than knowing about what happened in Rwanda and other places in the world to human beings. There's nothing I can do about it, I know, but I wish the media would at least stop covering it so I could go into denial.

2 Comments:
I think this is China's remedy for most anything. Avian flu - knock it in the head and throw you in a ditch. Rabid dog - knock it in the head and throw it in a ditch. You had another GIRL baby - knock it in the head and throw her in a ditch. I think these people are far beyond understanding. What's the world coming to?
It's because animals are innocent.
With humans, well, we seem to have an endless appetite for violence and aggression, so having less of us isn't quite the travesty.
Yep, I'm an anarchist.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home