Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Head Against Wall

Since my last post, there have been lots of ups and downs around here. Nothing life threatening, but enough to make me want to drive away and take up residence wherever my car runs out of gas. The heat has been a complete nightmare. Our air conditioner wasn't keeping the house cool and there were many days when the temperature was above 100. We thought it was not keeping up because of the intense heat, but it turned out we had a dirty fan and coil. Unfortunately, we purchased two window units before we wised up and got our house air conditioner serviced. Needless to say the window units were WAY more expensive then paying a professional to clean our unit. Yes, I said clean our unit. We always make things harder than they have to be. Yes, I said harder than they have to be. It's our nature. I have learned my lesson, to have air conditioner serviced each and every year.

In and amongst the heat, I have had a major allergy attack and I refuse to take medicine to remedy the sneezing, coughing, swollen eye, etc. that occurs with such an attack. I am hoarse in the morning and my eyes feel like they are bugging out of my head, too. My nostrils are perpetually crusted with boogers.
Another headache has been my home internet connection. When I connect to the work network, it slows things down. I called our IT people and they blame it on the service provider which is bull pucky. I just don't know what to do anymore. It feels like everything is an uphill battle and people refuse to believe they are responsible for any problem. I get so frustrated I want to go sit in the middle of a busy street and scream. Of course, that wouldn't help anything.

Also, for the last 6 months, the radio in my car has not worked. At the time, I was trying to pay off my student loan, so I refused to fix it. I suffered without it. Now that I'm debt free, I've started doing all the things like that that I've put off. So, I called Car Stereo Installer A and requested a new receiver. Toby said he would check on it and I should call him back. Well, I called him back after lunch and the other guy said Toby wasn't there and to call back in an hour. I called back about two hours later and the other guy said Toby had called and said he wasn't going to be back the rest of the day. Being very patient, I opted to wait until the following day to call Toby since we were already on a first name basis, at least I knew his first name. He didn't know my name or phone number because he hadn't bothered to ask because that would have appeared as if he wanted my business I'm guessing. At any rate, when I called the next day, the telephone rang and rang. I hung up. I checked the number and called back and the call went to their voice mail. Actually, it asked for an access code. I couldn't even leave a message. I was flabbergasted that a business would allow a phone call to go unanswered. This is a place I've taken my car to install keyless entry and my CD changer. Well, I will no longer go to this place. Instead, I called Car Stereo Installer B and within 2 hours I had a new receiver and I was listening to tunes all the way back to work. Of course, I'm working at work since my home connection is not fast enough and I have to churn out alot of work this week.
The latest frustration was going to Wal-mart to pick up some pictures that I sent via the internet last week. The exhausted girl behind the counter said they did not have them and they were not on the computer and she believed the pictures were lost. I sent two different sets and there was no sign of either of them. The girl advised me to call back tomorrow with the order numbers and they could check on them more easily. Of course, she wouldn't be there, so I'll have to go back through the whole thing with another employee, probably one that is less helpful and knowledgable I will bet. Surprisingly, I smiled and was very calm and walked out of there without the slightest increase in my BP. Tomorrow, I may not be as docile.
These are just a few of the frustrating things that have happened lately. It is virtually impossible for me to remain positive anymore, but....
There was some good. Ragged and I celebrated our 11th year together and we visited Asheville and saw Ragged's new nephew. Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home