Sunday, October 16, 2005

GeoWHATing?

For many a month, my cousin and his better half have talked a great deal about geocaching. What the hell is that, some may ask. It's difficult to describe. The best and shortest way I've come up with to explain it to interested parties is a scavenger hunt using a GPS. Folks mark coordinates and hide different size containers with prizes and a log sheet. There's a website devoted to it and the phenomenon seems to be gaining popularity, although that's not necessarily a desirable thing. At any rate and of course it's much more complicated and interesting than I've made it sound here. There are many, many things I don't know yet, but I'm anxious to learn and be a part of. This weekend the geocaching bug bit my better half and me. We've invested in a GPS and will soon began our geocaching future.

Also thanks to my cousin, I completed another home improvement project. The door new door knobs and locks are now installed. I couldn't get the old door knob off the front door and I was biding my time until I could borrow a tool to cut the offending knob off. My cousin, of course, had no problem. After that, I quickly installed the knob but had to make the hole bigger for the new standard-sized knob. There's a strikeplate issue to resolve which I won't go into now and I won't count against myself. In my book, the improvement is complete.

And in other news, I just made my next to last payment on my car. Debt freedom is close at hand...well, at least closer than it was this time last year. Life is good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ramblin73 said...

Thats nice Susan. Anyway just wanted to say thanks for allowing us to corrupt you guys with 2 new hobbies. HMMMMmmmmm....We started you on 2 new hobbies and you gave us a weekend full of fun, food and felines. Thats a fair trade if you ask Needlefingers and I. Thanks again for the memorable weekend.

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home