Nostalgia and more
Yesterday, my girlfriend and I went to the town of our college alma mater. I graduated six years ago and I've been back maybe twice and I only live about an hour away. At any rate, we found many changes, all for the good, had been made to the campus. It got me hankering to return. Although my college experience wasn't a typical 18-22 year old experience (I went from 24-27 and went part-time to a community college for two years previous to that), it was still one of the best things I've ever done in my life. There's nothing like college life.I did attempt to go back to get my master's degree in Sociology. By attempt, I mean I went to one day of class and had decided to bail before the first hour was up. The drive was just too much and there were some class materials that it would be impossible for me to get not living in the area. I do plan to return one day to get a master's degree, perhaps not in Sociology, but something.
After driving around campus (2 full circles and mucho photos on our digi camera), we went shopping. I managed to come out with a new CD and two new pairs of pants to cover my ever-expanding hind quarters. Since I work so much, I don't have as much time to devote to exercise as I once did, not to mention preparing healthy meals, so I tend to eat off the $.99 or $1.00 menu from all the fast food restaurants you could name in 60 seconds.
I was happy with my purchases, but I'd hoped to score some new fall clothes, though I was in desperate need of pants.
To give you an update of my debt status, I'll have my car paid off next month and then I will begin plugging away at my last and most menacing debt, my school loan. I consolidated my school loans prior to the ultra low interest rates that are currently available, and of course, the government in their ultimate wisdom, will only allow one consolidation. Therefore, I'm stuck with an interest rate of greater than 7%. It makes me sick. I can't wait to get rid of it.
On the home improvement front, I cannot figure out how to program the programmable thermostat I installed. I plan to keep trying until I figure it out. All other projects are up and functioning within normal parameters. The next wave of improvements include new ceiling fans for the living and office rooms, new locks for the front and back doors, and a new desk chair for the computer. My girlfriend’s father has volunteered to finish up the painting, but I'm starting to think it's not going to happen. So, look for that on my list soon.

1 Comments:
Glad to see ya update your blog. See ya soon.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home