Health Scare
Ragged called me tonight at my second job to ask, "Did you notice anything wrong with Sammy today?" Of course the question sent me nearly into a blind panic. These cats are child equivalents to me, so I worry about their welfare alot. Ragged went on to tell me that Sammy had hissed at her twice and was hunkering like he was trying to use the bathroom on her pants. This sent me in a panic because my sister's cat Murray had gone through a horrible bout with urinary tract problems which results in basically the removal of his penis. Prior to the ultimate surgery, he went to the vet for long stays on a couple of occasions. My first thought about Sammy was he had the same problem. So, unable to concentrate and worried, I left work and came home. To me, Sammy appears to be okay. I've petted on him and pressed all around on him and he doesn't really react, besides the typically annoyance of having me pressing on him. He doesn't seem to be in any pain, so I'm feeling better, but we're keeping an eye on him just in case.

4 Comments:
Hope Sammy is feeling better.
We had an older cat Otis that kept with the urinary track infections. It was horrible. Hope Sammy is okay. Was he the one with the sore ears?
Yes, it's the same cat, but turns out he's fine. I'm not sure what was going on with him the other night.
We had a similar problem when we had Gabby several years ago. We had to switch food to a lower PH fomula. I think the recemmend less fish and more beef and lamb to decrease Ph in the urine which can irritate things. I hope everything is O.K.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home