Meerly Crazy
Today, Ragged and I met for lunch. I arrived first and as I waited for her to arrive, I eavesdropped on a conversation going on between a womean at an adjacent table and her companions. She was talking about Meerkat Manor.
A few weeks ago, I watched several episodes during a marathon leading up to the season finale of the show and I was entranced. Usually, I don't like to watch these types of shows because it usually includes a mauling scene of a lame or baby animal, but Meerkat Manor doesn't show this stuff. Of course, to have a realistic documentary, there has to be death, but Meerkat Manor was never gruesome. At any rate, I'm getting off the point I wanted to make. The woman was explaining that in the last episode Shakespeare, one of the most trusted babysitters of the Meerkat group the show focuses on, was alone at the burrow with 4 new babies when a rival Meerkat group infiltrated the burrow. It was never clear on the show whether Shakespeare survived the attack, but my impression was that he hadn't. This woman's impression was that we didn't know yet and she would find out next season. I wanted to leap from my chair and tell her Shakespeare had died in the attack and luckily had been the only casualty, but I realized how crazy it might seem and I refrained.
So, I sat and listened to this woman discuss this with her peers while I tried to seem like I wasn't. I think I may have a problem.
A few weeks ago, I watched several episodes during a marathon leading up to the season finale of the show and I was entranced. Usually, I don't like to watch these types of shows because it usually includes a mauling scene of a lame or baby animal, but Meerkat Manor doesn't show this stuff. Of course, to have a realistic documentary, there has to be death, but Meerkat Manor was never gruesome. At any rate, I'm getting off the point I wanted to make. The woman was explaining that in the last episode Shakespeare, one of the most trusted babysitters of the Meerkat group the show focuses on, was alone at the burrow with 4 new babies when a rival Meerkat group infiltrated the burrow. It was never clear on the show whether Shakespeare survived the attack, but my impression was that he hadn't. This woman's impression was that we didn't know yet and she would find out next season. I wanted to leap from my chair and tell her Shakespeare had died in the attack and luckily had been the only casualty, but I realized how crazy it might seem and I refrained.
So, I sat and listened to this woman discuss this with her peers while I tried to seem like I wasn't. I think I may have a problem.

1 Comments:
You should have jumped up and slapped that gal three ways from Sunday and tell her that Shakes took a dirt nap. Life is cruel. See ya soon.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home