Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Countdown to Armageddon

Today, after a frustrating call with a family member, I went to the YMCA for a quick workout to relieve some tension. Afterward, I went by our library to pick up some books. Lately, I've been learning about webdesign, brushing up on HTML, and learning about Javascript which is fun. At any rate, as Ragged has posted, our city recently got a new library. They are still working out some of the kinks and I wasn't aware that the self checkout worked. The old self checkout was awkward and usually not worth the trouble, but the new self checkout was some of the coolest modern technology I've seen. All you do is drop your card in a slot and place your books on a black pad. Not one at a time, all at the same time. The computer scans them and they pop up immediately on the screen. You press OK and your card comes back out, your receipt prints and you're good to go. It was so cool. It doesn't take much to impress me.

Eli doing Yoga

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home