Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Skipped

For the past several days, I have posted daily on my blog which was kind of a goal, although admittedly not a lofty one. Well, yesterday, I didn't post. I apologize for those who depend on my blog for daily entertainment and updates on my oh-so-exciting life. Yesterday was our 3rd or 4th day without a toilet. Ragged would be able to tell you the exact time that our toilet stopped working. As regular readers know, we have issues with our plumbing from time to time but nothing as extensive or as long-lived as this event. Anyway, Ragged hit her breaking point and declared she was going to stay at a hotel if something didn't give. She decided she was going to call a plumber despite us being told to wait out the issue by a previous plumber. I relented and agreed. Going without a bathroom is difficult, particularly for ladies I must say. I offered to build an outhouse in the backyard, but Ragged wasn't having it.

So, this morning Ragged scheduled a plumber and called the organization who runs our sewer system and got everyone on the ball. Accordingly, our sewer line straightened up this morning and we have flushing abilities back. We may still have a plumber come and check out the situation.

Also yesterday, Ragged took Cooper to the vet again. He was given an antihistamine. We still don't know what he's allergic to and we're probably temporarily staving off the inevitable of an expensive allergy test for him, but we'll wait and see how this antihistamine does. Hopefully this is just a seasonal thing and will go away once spring comes because we can't come up with anything that has changed since Christmas that may have caused his crusties.

Also yesterday, Fed Ex called and said they couldn't find our house. I mean I know our house number isn't readily visible, but by process of elimination you can figure out where our house is. We're right between 1904 and 1908. Anyway, I gave them a description of our house and hung a sign on the door to help them out and we got our cord for the other computer today. It kind of sucks using the old computer now that we have the new one with all its fanciness. I have to admit I like Windows Vista.

Thanks to Ragged for taking charge of all of this. I'm afraid I haven't been much help in all the issues we've had lately. And congratulations to Needles and Pilot on their beautiful new car.

A picture of crusty butt

2 Comments:

Blogger Ramblin73 said...

Good ole Crusty Butt. I lub your crustiness:)

4:14 PM  
Blogger Ragged Around the Edges said...

You just can't trust plumbers with no teeth (lost when they dropped a sink on their head). Whatever made you think you could trust him?

And it was five days, not four. And a girl can only go to the McD's bathroom so many times before being forced to Supersize it.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home