Thursday, May 22, 2008

Life Is Bigger Than You and Me

Yesterday was more eventful then I disclosed in my previous blog entry. I forgot to mention that I took Cooper to the vet and it took me a good 20 minutes to cram him into a pet carrier. We have a small one which is preferable for transport, but for the life of me I couldn't get him in it. He fought me tooth and nail, mostly nail because he clawed my hand pretty good. So much so that I had blood on my pants after all was said and done. Anyway, I had to opt for the larger carrier which is actually a dog carrier, but any of you that know Cooper understand that his size is probably more in line with that of a small, rotund dog. So, I got out the taxi, opened the door and went to retrieve Cooper who had run downstairs. When I came back with him, Eli was inside the taxi and Ike was standing at the door. I went ahead and shoved Cooper in and luckily Eli ran out just afterward and I was able to shut the door. I was afraid we would miss the appointment but we managed to arrive on time and get another steroid shot and a flea treatment. We're hoping there is some kind of flea or mite issue and that's the reason for Cooper's allergic reaction. Cross your fingers.

Yesterday afternoon, our realtor who I will call Brealtor from here on out, came and we did all the paperwork to get our house on the market. I have to admit the woman is a spitfire and if anyone can sell our pile of bricks, she can. She took pictures, hammered down the sign in the yard, and measured the house for a more accurate square footage approximation. During all this, two Mormons came by wanting to talk to me about how the Lord had blessed them. I would certainly love to have sat down with them, not so much to discuss God but to learn what it is like for them to be Mormon and doing their mission work. I find that religion fascinating and as Ragged has talked about, we watch "Big Love" and I worked one summer with a Mormon kid and got to grill him pretty heavily about his religion. Anyway, I had to politely tell them I was the spawn of Satan and I would appreciate if they didn't come back. Just kidding. I was very nice but told them I didn't have time now and I was Baptist anyway, at least in name if not in practice.

Moving on, we will have a realtors open house on Tuesday which I'm dreading because I will have to cart all the cats out of the house for two hours while it takes place. I've been trying to be extra careful not to make messes around the house, but being here so much, it's difficult sometimes. I hope this process goes quickly and we don't have to take cart all the cats out too many times. They are smart and will eventually learn what is going on and if I thought getting one cat in a cart was difficult, four is a whole other matter.

Also, last night Ragged and I ran out to Target after she got back from dinner with a friend, and we bought a wedding gift for a wedding we'll be attending on Friday evening and a gift for my dad's birthday which is this weekend. I grabbed dinner at the Pizza Hut that's in the Target. Not exactly fine dining, but it filled the hole and sometimes that's all you can ask for.


So today, Brealtor was supposed to come by and put the lock box on the door to allow other realtors to access the house and to take another photo of the front of the house as yesterday there was too much sun which caused alot of shadows in the photo, but I had laid down for a nap and did not hear her open the front door as she was trying out the key she had made nor did I hear her call my cell phone twice. I was so embarassed because firstly I wasn't supposed to be napping during work hours, and secondly because I slept for two and a half hours and missed her call and knock on the door. When I finally did talk to her I sounded like a crazy nut as I was trying to cover for my behavior, so Brealtor probably thinks she has an insane client to deal with for the next six months.

You know, when you write it all down, it sounds crazier than it actually seemed while it was happening. So anyway, here's to a long weekend full of rest for everyone. I wish we were camping this weekend, but I don't think I have it in me to prepare for that, too.

I thought I was having a bad day

1 Comments:

Blogger Ramblin73 said...

Brealtor had no idea she is dealing with a Baptist Satan Spawn. Good Luck and tell J Happy B-day.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home