Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The Proverbial Straw

OK. I've hit a milestone with my debt reduction plan. Since February of 2004, I have been adhering to, albeit not strictly, to Dave Ramsey's babysteps to debt freedom. That is 1 year and 9 months. Yesterday I paid of my car, my next to the last debt. I feel good about it, but otherwise I'm feeling pretty bad. Physically I mean. The stress and strain of working 3 jobs and constantly worrying about money has brought me to the breaking point. I'm at a physical and mental crossroads. Today, I resolved to reduce the amount of time I spend at my second job and ultimately I plan to give it up by the end of the year.

Strangely I don't feel a great deal of relief after making this decision as the prospect of not being able to be debt free in my planned timeline brings me that much more anxiety. I will overcome this I feel once it all starts to happen and I settle into a new budget and begin enjoying my new free time.

For now, I will delight in being on my last debt and look forward to enjoying some of the things I used to before this madness started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home