Monday, March 27, 2006

I Got Your Spring Break

For those who don't know, I am taking a real estate class on Monday nights at our local community college. Last week was Spring Break...or so I thought. The last time I had the class, we specifically discussed that last week was Spring Break. It was even listed in the syllabus. So, I enjoyed a day off last week. Tonight, I went to my class, sat there for 20 minutes and no one showed up. I thought the class had been cancelled or our instructor had told us we were meeting at another location and I missed the announcement somehow. Neither was the case.

So, I called my instructor at home and he said that this week was Spring Break and he had tried to call me, but my phone number wasn't in the phone book. Of course, I didn't scream and rant and rave while I was on the phone with him, but I certainly wanted to. I mean, did I not fill out 18 forms at registration with my phone number on it? Does he not have access to that information and couldn't he have collected our contact information at the beginning of the class like a normal instructor. Needless to say I was livid and I called Ragged at her knitting group, throwing a tantrum that would have made any 2 year old proud.

It felt as if the instructor was too lazy to try and contact me. I hate missing a class. I'm probably the only student who hates missing a class, but if I'm going to eventually sell real estate I need to know the information to pass the licensing exam. This was the cap of an overall crap-laden day. I'll spare you the trials and tribulations of 8am to 5pm.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ramblin73 said...

Doesn't surprise me abit that an instructor didn't contact you or that the listed Spring Break date was wrong. I have heard horror stories from Needles and she had something simular happen to her twice which also envolved a 44 mile trip one way.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home