Friday, March 17, 2006

Job Market

Yesterday, I went to a job interview. Of course, I was a nervous wreck but I sucked it up and went anyway despite my instinct to run for the hills. The process lasted two hours. I met initially with the recruiter for a 40 minute interview then I took two test, one of which was a 125 question personality test. The tests were followed by an hour-long interview with two managers. The process was excruciating and the office was hot. Me being the sweater I am, I was soaked by the time I got home.

I don't believe I'll take the job even if it's offered to me. It is more money just by looking at the baseline salary but when retirement is factored in, there's really no contest. I'm still thinking about it, weighing the pros and cons like the decreased job stress, more formal working environment, longer work hours, etc.

6 Comments:

Blogger needlefingers said...

Don't you wish there was some process that would fit the perfect job (not absolute, just the best for you) to you, instead of having to fit yourself to the job?

Here's hoping that a more perfect job does find you.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Rudy said...

I would hold on to your job now until a more fitting job comes around like maybe beach ball facial impact tester. He He

2:51 PM  
Blogger K_Dense73 said...

Although I have job experience, the beach ball facial impact tester isn't for me.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Ramblin73 said...

What job did you interview for? Sometimes more money isn't always a better job. This from personal experience.

10:32 AM  
Blogger K_Dense73 said...

A claims adjuster for Progressive Insurance. They actually called today and offered me the job. I go in Monday to discuss specifics. I'm still not sure if I'm going to take it.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Ramblin73 said...

I hope things work out for you and the posibility of a new job. Good Luck!

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home