Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Good Fences

Well, our neighbors moved out. Unfortunately, the house next door is a rental property, so the next tenants were moving in before our old neighbor's moving van was at the end of the street. I've caught a glimpse or two of the new couple. Typical rednecks. There are missing teeth, cut off jean shorts, and shirtlessness aplenty.

Ragged had an opportunity to meet them and insisted they were nice. She reported that the guy said: "I like to enjoy life." Run that phrase through the redneck to English dictionary and you get: "I like to drink." So, this evening Ragged reported he and his wife were cooking out in the backyard cooking out and drinking. In addition, they have put up a fence for their dogs. It looks like shit. The guy also has a noisy motorcycle. It keeps getting better and better. I can't wait to see who rolls in for the weekend celebration in their new abode. You know rednecks like to enjoy the weekends with their redneck friends. Just shoot me now, won't you? If not, maybe I'll luck out and be one of the early casualties of the avian flu pandemic.

So, the moral of the story is, don't wish away your neighbors because there's always somebody worse ready to move in.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brando said...

How did my neighbors end up next to you?? They are still here? Maybe they purchased a second home? Drunken Karoke night is my FAVORITE!! Good Luck!

BTW ... I got Idol right. I can't believe it either.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Ramblin73 said...

You must live in my neighborhood. If it's not reeving engines it's yelling and screaming or the distant Thud Thud Thud of someone wanting to share their music with everyone within 3 blocks.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home