
Sammy is having problems again. He's doing the same thing as before and today, his third trip to the vet brought about more antibiotics and some anti-spasm medication for his urethra. There are tests pending which will help determine what meds might finally work for him. He is home, but he's obviously in pain. They attempted to cathederize him but they couldn't, so there's something blocking his urethra or it is clinched. They did an xray and he had what looked like needles from the Christmas tree in his stomach, but they couldn't find anything obvious. They did find a large amount of blood in his urine and a high level of protein and white blood cells. Since getting home, he has vomited a couple of times, probably due to the anesthesia, and he keeps squatting like he's trying to pee. He keeps wandering around the house trying to find a comfortable place to relax. It is sad to watch. He is obviously hurting and there's nothing I can do.
2 Comments:
I am so sorry for the pain that you guys are going through. Keep us posted. Get better little Sammy.
Our prayers and wishes are with you. We hope that Sammy gets to feeling better soon. We had a heart wrenching time the day after Christmas last year with our dog Coan. He had cancer and had to be put to sleep because he had lost so much weight the vet said he wouldnt make it through the operation. It was a hard decision that no one should have to make. I didnt think I was that attached to him but after sobing after the decision I was made aware otherwise. Our prayers are with you and your feline family.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home