
Well, the first day back at work wasn't
so bad, but it did have its share of frustrations. For the past 5 working days we have been without a printer. Can you imagine? We are an office of paper pushers, so doing without this vital piece of equipment has been driving everyone nuts. We've had to email our documents to other field offices and have them fax them to us or, in case of emergencies, we've used our regional manager's private printer. It's chaos, bedlam, thunderdome! Nah, it's just frustrating and our supervisor doesn't seem too concerned. I think he's not concerned because it doesn't really affect him that much since he doesn't generate 100 documents a day like the rest of us do and he doesn't want to be too pushy to the powers that be considering he's on probation with his promotion. Anyway, getting this printer will be an act of congress and will likely involve a dozen people and several meetings. The last I heard they were debating whether to lease or buy a printer. It's completely ridiculous. There should be a steadfast policy in place to get this stuff replaced quickly. That's government for ya.
In the midst of all this, I did receive a call from the company I interviewed at several months ago asking if I'm interested in a position that is coming open in the next few weeks. Initially, I thought I might be but after talking it over with Ragged, I realized I would be a fool to trade in a chance to work at home for a little more money, longer work hours, and a loss of my accrued sick and vacation time. I have to admit the thought of a complete change is appealing, but it doesn't make sense. I'm still thinking it over, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to work. Still, it makes you feel good to be wanted.
Ragged and I went out and spent one of our gift cards at dinner. I wasn't in the mood to cook, so off we went to Red Lobster. We each had a healthy portion of our food left, so we'll have plenty for lunch tomorrow.
In the picture, Cooper (Boop Boop) snoozes on a pillow Ragged had hastily stored under a table.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home