
It's a beautiful day in more ways then one. This morning, I got up early, but fell back to sleep on the couch. I was wakened by Ragged' summoning me to the basement. The sump pump had failed. After hearing horror stories about how expensive replacement of these pumps can be, I flew in to a panic and immediately said every cussword I have ever learned. With more of a level head, Ragged retrieved the phone book and called our plumber and roused him from bed, I'm sure. He assured that he would come by after church and see about it. Convinced that we would ever sell our house at this point, I sat around with a cloud over my head until he came and installed the new pump in 30 minutes flat. The water that had accumulated to about 4 inches in one corner quickly receeded and we were back in business. Then came the moment of truth. The bill! He only charged us a nominal fee for his time and the expense of the pump. I couldn't believe it. Flabbergasted and thankful, I gave him a tip for him coming out on a Sunday to help us and he was off to turkey hunting, he said.
So, after that crisis was over, I set out to mow the yard. There is alot of crap in the yard and it is uneven in the back where water had accumulated on a couple of occasions, but it looks so much better mowed and picked up. There was even a box turtle (terrapin) hanging out beside the garage. I have never seen a turtle in the backyard. It has to be a good omen.
Ragged had gone to clean out her car and wash our sheets at the laundry mat. She was afraid to use the washer and dryer for some reason. I don't think they took on any water.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home