Friday, April 18, 2008

Shake It

Ragged and I were woken up this morning by an earthquake! Did anyone else feel it?

UPDATE: Early information said the earthquake was 5.4 and centered in West Salem, IL, the place where we have celebrate Independence Day. Later it was announced that the quake was a 5.2. Whatever it was it was odd. It lasted for a long time. There appears to be some minor damage to some places, but nothing around here.

We woke up when the cats shot off the bed then there was shaking. Ragged said she heard a door and some dishes rattling. I felt the bed moving. I didn't quite get up before it was over. I told Ragged it was an earthquake and she of course thought I was an idiot. Usually she's right, but this time I was right. I rushed to the television for verification and sure enough Byron and Beth were speculating about the quake. We've had minor ones before, but nothing as strong or as longlasting as this one.

ANOTHER UPDATE: We just had a pretty strong aftershock at 10:15 am.

2 Comments:

Blogger needlefingers said...

I'm not enjoying these at all. Copper and Tugger were completely wigged out after the first one, I can only imagine how they are after the second.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Rudy said...

Yep we were a rockin and a rollin. The first was when I was a work and the second major aftershock i was trying to sleep. Yesterday was not a day to get any sleep. The deck was stacked against me.

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home