Trash Talking
For the past two weeks, they haven't picked up our trash. They being the city we live in. We are lucky enough to live in a city which has curbside trash pickup. The first time I blew it off, but the second time I went into a near blind rage. I called the santitation department of our city and criticized their operation from the peon who answered the phone to the "supervisor" I spoke with last. They politely stated that the toter was too close to a white car (my car) and that the toter needed to be at least four feet from any vehicle for the automated trash truck to pick it up. I asked why one of the guys in the truck couldn't get out and move the toter so the arm could reach it without risking hitting a car and he said that basically the arm took the place of any employee that might perform such a task. He also politely said they could come back by for a $15 charge. You have to understand that our monthly trash pickup charge is $12, so there was no way in hell I was going to do that. I went on to rant and rave and ask for a refund of $6 on my trash pickup since ours hadn't been picked up for two weeks which of course wasn't going to happen. The guy put me on hold to check why they hadn't picked up the trash on the first week and I just hung up knowing I was going to get nowhere. I was kind of ridiculous acting and I'm embarrassed to tell that I did this, but I was so frustrated at the time. Stay tuned for next week when they won't pick up our trash for the third week in a row because our toter lid won't close because of all the trash that has mounded up, another of their "rules".

1 Comments:
You are so tough.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home