It's A Sad Day...
Today I travelled to Paducah for some work training and I was disgusted and disturbed by all the dead deer carcuses in various states of decay with various missing body parts left along the interstate. I have heard, but don't necessarily believe, that having a hunting season is a necessity to control the population of deer. I'm told that they'll starve if hunters don't kill some of them off. Well, I say starving is more humane than what I've seen and some of the stories I've heard. And, leaving them on the side of the road the way they are each and every year for people particularly children to see is absolutely abhorent. It shows such a lack of respect for life and the animals of this Earth that it turns my stomach. It was like a 80 mile nightmare of carnage.
I eat meat, so I probably don't have alot of room to talk about this subject, but when I got home I was shaken a bit and deeply saddened by what I saw. Do we have to kill deer? They are really such beautiful creatures and if you've ever watched one in it's natural habitat, well, it's really something I'll just say. At the very least, why can't hunters show respect for their prey and dispose of their bodies properly. I'm not sure the meat had been removed from some of those I saw today. Why aren't more people outraged?
I eat meat, so I probably don't have alot of room to talk about this subject, but when I got home I was shaken a bit and deeply saddened by what I saw. Do we have to kill deer? They are really such beautiful creatures and if you've ever watched one in it's natural habitat, well, it's really something I'll just say. At the very least, why can't hunters show respect for their prey and dispose of their bodies properly. I'm not sure the meat had been removed from some of those I saw today. Why aren't more people outraged?

1 Comments:
I think that it is awful that people are dumping deer carcases on the highway. The deer Me and my family harvest are used for meat.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home