Thursday, January 19, 2006

Mi Perro!

Today, after a pizza lunch with Ragged, I ran home to change out of my too-small dress shirt. I had court today and realized the shirt was too small for me since I have gained like 10 pounds in the last 3 months and also ended up embarrassing myself on the stand covering for a co-worker, but that part isn't imperative to what I'm trying to tell you here. So anyway, the weather was really nice today, just the right amount of cool and heat. As I was leaving the house to head on to work, I noticed the postman starting his rounds on our street. He starts in the middle on the opposite side of the street before moving back down and delivering our mail, so I decided to wait him out and see if we got any goodies like W2s or rebates. As I sat on my porch, our across-the-street neighbor stepped onto her porch and began to scream for her dog. It was a unique hispanic female name, as her boyfriend/husband/paramour is Mexican. I wish I could think of the dog's name. But, of course I can't, so insert your favorite name here. So, you might be thinking, not an unusual event, but this woman's voice was SO harsh and grating, like a 10 pack a day smoker's voice. Ragged commented during the summer about the same woman bellowing to her daughter Angellica to come in for supper. Anyway, needless to say the poor solid black dog, who is barely more than a puppy and who has an injured back leg, stood behind the house looking, but not approaching the screaming harpy of a woman. The woman screamed for the dog a little while longer then asked me if I saw her. I informed Smokey May that the dog was behind the house. She resumed calling to the dog and told it the dogcatcher would get her, but the dog went running down the street which is exactly what I would have done in her same situation. Eventually, a couple of the woman's friends arrived and wrangled the dog into the house.

Two things occurred to me as I watched this spectacle unfold. First, you can't enjoy a nice spring-like day without some bipolar lunatic disturbing it, and secondly, we need to move the hell out of here as soon as possible.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ramblin73 said...

I love your guys house but it seems you suffer from the same thing we are stricken with. Crappy neighbors. I have nothing agains dogs but all of the neighbors around us have dogs penned outside. I can't go into my back yard with out having a dog bark at me the whole time I am back there. the people that do walk there dog allow them to poop in my yard so that when I mow I get to stap and smell it. That's nice. The people catacorner from us has kids and there grandma(a smoker) hollars down the street at them as a daily occurance. Also can't leave out the hillbilly big 4X4 trucks with the loud exhaust runnig up and down the street reeving their engines so that everyone can hear them. I am ready to move outta here and in to the country. Someday maybe.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home