Friday, January 13, 2006

Heart of the Matter

Seems like everywhere I turn lately, someone's family member is having open heart surgery. Thankfully, modern science has nearly made this traumatic procedure one of near routine. Most are successful and without complication. Seems like folks are having the surgery in their late 50s, though having said that the number is not without exception. Some are (gulp) younger and some older. It's so disturbing that in 20 some more years I could be having the same surgery. I don't smoke and some of the people I hear about who are having the surgery don't either, but my eating habits are atrocious and I don't exercise as much as I need to. It's really something to think about now while I'm relatively young and able to make some health changes. Everybody keep Needlefingers and "B's" respective parents in your thoughts and prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home