Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Humping It

Today could have been better. I got home and found a notice from the County that my employer may have not taken the proper amount of a new occupational tax enacted halfway through last year. Sounds like no big deal. Sounds like something that could be easily remedied with some quick computations by any half-assed bookkeeper could come up with. WRONG! The County can't get an answer from my employer as to how they calculated the amount of work I do in the City versus the County. I know most of you have probably zoned out as this is complicated and mostly boring, but it's causing me great distress. The clincher of all of this is that I and about 99 other employees within our County could face interest and penalty charges if we haven't paid the proper amount of taxes. Keep in mind that the County has no earthly clue upon what my employer based its withholdings following the enactment of the tax. It's a big hairy mess and the employees are charged with finding out the criteria used and report it to the County.

To make matters worse, I got the results from a recent cholesterol check. My number is 204. Anyone who knows the cholesterol ranges knows I fall within the Borderline High range if only barely. My last check I was 186. What happened? I'll tell you what happened. I stopped working out and have gained about 10 pounds and I was eating horribly. So, I've got to get to exercising and stop eating so much fast food. I'm glad today has come to a close. Now for some American Idol....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home