Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Red Faced

Today I embarassed myself pretty good. Perhaps the only other time I've felt this humiliated was when my cell phone accidentally called Ragged's cell phone and when she arrived home with a message on her machine from me singing The Best of My Love. You may be asking yourself, what could be more embarassing than that, well, during my interview today I was asked what I knew about the company. I proceeded to rattle off some details all of which were about the company's competitor. I had printed out information from the internet about the wrong company! The guy corrected me and I apologized, but I'm certain he thought I was an idiot and I left more than enough evidence to prove it. He laughed it off and continued with the interview, but I'm pretty sure I won't get that second interview. I'm blaming the confusion on my being under the weather instead of innate stupidity, but I'm not sure I'm buying it either.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ramblin73 said...

One of my co workers came back to my house while we were on lunch break and had a conversation. Little did we know that my co workers cell phone had dialed my bosses house and their answering machine recorded about 15 minutes worth of conversation. As he wasn't mad I guess the part where we were talking about him and his moody wife didn't get recorded. Thank Goodness.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Rudy said...

Things happen for a reason and maybe you should look for a job with the competitor. He he! Life would be life without those "Doah!" moments.

2:32 AM  
Blogger Ragged Around the Edges said...

It just wasn't meant to be. Don't be any harder on yourself.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Brando said...

Man that stinks!! So sorry. We have all been there before.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Kissed Knitter said...

AWW, I feel for you. But who knows, it could've meant something different to him than it did to you. Have faith till the last word.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home