Monday, October 23, 2006

Cache Slash 2006: Say That Three Times Fast

Everyone who is anyone went to the Cache Slash Fest 2006 hosted by the Cache Slash Crew this weekend. This was the first cache event Ragged and I have attended and we had a good time. There is some serious caching going on in the world and the intensity these folks feel for their chosen sport was palpable. I snagged a travel bug to take with us to San Antonio in a couple of weeks. On the poker run portion of the event, Ragged and I came home with a disappointing 6 of the 8 caches planted for the event. All the way home, I kept thinking what an appropriate Borg name this would be. We did get the other two caches, but it was the next day.

Much appreciation to Needles and Pilot for hosting us and to Rudy, Brando, Yin, and Yuri for keeping us entertained. We also send appreciation out to Hope and her hubs for the ride to the graveyard for the interesting and ultimately fun ghosting hunting excursion during the event. Ragged and I had a Blair Witch Project experience during the hunt which was captured on our digital camera.

We came back pretty early on Sunday, but stopped in a nearby town for some lunch by the river. At Cache Slash 2007, we'll be old pros.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home