Remember the Alamo
Well, we were almost down to 4 cats due to Ike's little stunt last night. Ike has gotten out at least twice before, but we've been lucky enough to catch him getting out and it has been during the daytime. Eli got out once and it wasn't easy to wrangle him in. Izzy has gone out onto the porch several times as well as Cooper, but we've never had a problem getting them back inside. Izzy used to get out and jump off the porch over at Ragged's other house and we would go screaming out the door to catch her. The best way to approach the situation is calmly, but we were young cat parents at the time, and Ragged lived next to a busy street, so we were a bit neurotic. Anway, back to Ike, poor Ragged was beside herself after finding Ike in the garage. I was secretly glad it wasn't me, because I would never have been able to forgive myself if something happened to him. He has no claws and no idea how take care of himself out in the "the wild". You would have thought we would have noticed Ike wasn't taking up half of the bed at night. Come to think of it, I did sleep well last night which should have been a sign.
Tomorrow we leave for our trip. We don't fly out until Saturday morning, but we are going to spend the night closer to the airport since our flight leaves so early. I feel overwhelmed, but things always come together in the end. Most of the stuff can't be done until the last minute, so I'll feel much better when I've checked the majority of stuff off my list.
In case you've been waiting, McRib is back at McDonalds. I've started a tally of how many I've eaten in the border of my blog. See you when we get back. We're hoping to have internet access while we're there, so we can post pics and keep you posted about what we're doing. Our hotel is 2 blocks from The Alamo. Commercialism is rampant.
Tomorrow we leave for our trip. We don't fly out until Saturday morning, but we are going to spend the night closer to the airport since our flight leaves so early. I feel overwhelmed, but things always come together in the end. Most of the stuff can't be done until the last minute, so I'll feel much better when I've checked the majority of stuff off my list.
In case you've been waiting, McRib is back at McDonalds. I've started a tally of how many I've eaten in the border of my blog. See you when we get back. We're hoping to have internet access while we're there, so we can post pics and keep you posted about what we're doing. Our hotel is 2 blocks from The Alamo. Commercialism is rampant.

2 Comments:
You are making me hungry for a McRib. I'm sure Ike will be fine. That's the things with animals. They have instincts that get them by. Gabby was a declawed inside cat for several years and was turned outside. She killed birds and other small animals. She didn't claw them to death. She smothered them with her massive girth. I hope you guys have a good time on your trip. Take lots of pitures. Have Fun.
I am glad you got all your kids wrangled back in the house and none are worse for wear. You guys have a good time on your trip. I would like to see the Alamo so take plenty of pics while your there.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home