Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Turtle and the Hare

Tomorrow is the first day of spring and the weather is expected to make a drastic change. It is anticipated that we'll be in the 70s for the next 10 days. Not so shabby. Unfortunately the 90s are a scant couple of months away, but let's just focus on the nice weather for now.

It feels like two weeks will never go by. It feels like the time for me to work at home will never get here. These last few days have been agonizingly slow, but I've managed to get a little bit completed. I've even started packing up my office. I've had 3 offices since I started at my job almost 7 years ago, so I've cleaned out my desk on a few occasions, but it's amazing the amount of junk that accumulates in a pretty short period of time.

This weekend, Ragged and I will likely rent a storage facility to move some of our crap out to make the house look less cluttered for sell and to allow me a space to work when I finally begin working at home. I'm on the case to find us a good deal. Some of the storage places offer the first month free and some offer free moving truck rental. Since we don't have a truck, that place is currently a front runner.

I got my car back today. They couldn't find anything wrong with it, but they cleaned out a few things and changed the air filter and it seems to be running fine if not a bit better than it did before. $116 damage to my wallet and most of that was towing fees. Boo. The people we take our cars to for oil changes and repairs are great. I always feel like I got the best work at the lowest price when I deal with them. They are the shortest bunch of people I think I've ever seen, but I guess that serves them well when crawling under vehicles. Think oompaloompas with facial hair.

We received our first movies from Blockbuster today. That was fast! First on the list is The Departed and Shut Up and Sing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ramblin73 said...

Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-do
I have a perfect puzzle for you
Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-dee
If you are wise, you'll listen to me

What do you get when your stuck on the STREET?
Car breaking down is a really nice TREAT.
Go to the Mechanic for a quick FIX?
You wallet is what will be NIXED?

I don't like the look of it.

I need a shave....

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home