Friday, November 09, 2007

Hey, Mama

The Star Trek world is in an uproar. Why you ask. Well, it's because Winona Rider has been cast as Spock's mother in the new Star Trek film. That in itself isn't the part that's got everybody's feather's ruffled, it's the fact that she is playing a Vulcan. Did you just gasp? If you didn't then you don't know that Spock's mother was not Vulcan but human. No doubt Ryder will make a good looking Vulcan, but she's not supposed to be Vulcan. From what I've heard this movie is supposed to be a reimagined Star Trek which means they won't necessarily stick to canon. Despite all this, I'm still interested to see how the movie will turn out.

UPDATE: Rider will play Amanda Grayson, a human. The news of her playing a Vulcan was erroneous.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ramblin73 said...

Thank the stars and klingons that they are going to try to stick to what Gene had in mind. I also read that Leonard Nimoy is going to be in the movie but not William Shatner. Hmmmmm maybe they are wanting good actors in THIS Star Trek vison. :P

PS. the word verification for this comment was clbrubr... That sound dirty. Hee Hee

1:17 PM  
Blogger Brando said...

What!!! I love Shatner especially as... Denny Crane. :)

Glad that they got this fixed. It makes me as mad as the Klingons on Enterprise.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home