Thursday, January 31, 2008

Step Forward

Preparing for a job interview is like having a part time job. I have spent the last week trying to get together my letters of recommendation. I have secured one, will get the other tomorrow, and the other I'm not certain if there will be time to get before my interview on Monday. Unfortunately the last one is perhaps the most important or rather carries the most weight. I'm going to do my best. I feel like my efforts will be for nothing as the interviews are scheduled every 30 minutes and what kind of information can be gleaned in such a short time period? My belief is that they know exactly who they want and nothing that is said during the interview can change that. Of course, I don't feel like I'm the candidate, but strange things always happen, so I'm going to approach it like I have a chance. The good news is that each of the 5 candidates are from within our district, so there won't be no strangers to get used to or new personalities to integrate.

Today, we had computer problems at work. Out of 15 computers, about 5 worked. Thankfully mine was one of the functioning ones. At the last minute, however, a temporary solution was discovered for the ailing machines, but it will require a modification to each individual computer. Things are rarely simple.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll do fine. Just don't make it harder than it is and do your best!

All the best!
-Ian Iacocca

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home