Tuesday, February 26, 2008

No More Lip Service

It's been a couple of days since I've blogged. Actually, I've written a couple of posts, but I couldn't get a picture to upload right, so I chose not to put the post up. Anyway, the last couple of days have been eventful.

After discovering a house that we liked, Ragged and I kicked our move in to high gear. We've rented a storage facility and moved several carloads of crap to it, scheduled a meeting with a realtor to list our house as well as scheduled a go-see of a prospective house. We've initiated the search for a good mortgage and we are getting our financial ducks in a row as well. It finally feels like moving is going to happen after years of talking about it. It still could take some time but at least the ball has started rolling.

Today I found out I didn't get the job I applied for. Some advice, never believe a rumor and more importantly never get your hopes up because of one. I have to admit I'm disappointed, but in a strange way I'm relieved which tells me this wasn't what I really wanted. Anyway, I'm glad the suspense is over. Onward and upward.

Tomorrow is by birthday. I can't believe it's the big 3-5 one. I will accept the baton from Brando and pass it to Needles soon. I guess I could curl up in the bed and be sad about being old and missing out on a job, but Cynical will rise above and triumph regardless of what comes his way. That being said, I may reserve a day this weekend for a pity party. Tomorrow I must attend a luncheon in celebration of my birthday and my also ran status.

Ike slinking away

4 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

I have a comment, not about the article, but, more of a technical question... I am a newbee at this blog stuff, and when I try to post more than two links on my page, it will not let me.. Do you know what the problem is? If so, can you help? Thanks a bunch.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Brando said...

Well I am glad to have that Baton of a Monkey off of my back.

Happy B'day a day early!

Sorry you didn't get the job, but I will volunteer our services for moving help.

Good luck with the house.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Ramblin73 said...

We too have been down that road and I still alittle miffed about it, but I hope that the house prospects works out. Happy 35fth!

7:55 PM  
Blogger needlefingers said...

I kind of had the same job experience. It does stink, but the outlook that it wasn't the right thing helps. Sort of. Door closes, window opens, yada, yada, yada.

And without going into details, just be glad your doctor will never tell you what mine told me I get to start next year, "once I'm 35". Bah.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home