Monday, March 10, 2008

Bend Over And Cough

Today is all about health. This morning, I had another sore throat. I can't figure this one out. Probably because of the poison snow I ate, I've decided. Surely I can't have another cold. It's only been about 6 or 8 weeks since my last one. Please don't let it be anything worse. Anyway, I made two doctor's appointments. First up was the dermatologist. For those of you who look behind my ears regularly, you will know I have a scaley, red, and itchy spot. It's gotten to the point where I needed medical intervention. I've had it checked out before and it was small then, but now it has grown so it was time to go back. Come to find out, I have sore-eye-iss-iss. I was given some ointment to use twice a day. At the same time, I had a mole checked which had seemingly gotten bigger. The doctor agreed that it was a "suspicious" mole, but he didn't think it was anything to worry about, but he sent it off for analysis anyway.

This afternoon I went to the dentist. I hate the dentist more than anything, but, trying to be true to my New Year's resolutions, I went. Surprisingly, it was all good. No cavaties, only the same song about my needing a crown when the massive filling I have now is doing the job just fine. The cleaning process was the worst, all the scraping and digging. It's ten times worse than fingernails on a chalkboard. Mostly 2s and apparently twos and threes are the best. For a minute there, I didn't think the hygienist was going to say anything but 2. As a sidebar, I wonder how the other person recorded the numbers so quickly.

So, now all that is left is getting a checkup. I'll have to work up the nerve again to go. For now, my skin and mouth are good. Let's hope the rest is holding up okay.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ragged Around the Edges said...

How did they know the mole was suspicious. . . did it look shady?

8:43 PM  
Blogger Brando said...

Yeah, AI!!! Thanks!

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home