Thursday, June 19, 2008

Pending

Two weeks from today we will be closing on our house. It's a long-term goal finally coming to be. I'm still sort of holding my breath, looking around for something to go wrong. We're wrangling some muscle for the move and Needles and Pilot have graciously if not foolishly agreed to help the entire first weekend. Better start doing your stretches now kids.

The network issue at work was resolved just in time for an issue with the printer. We can't print anything and this is the third day. I live and die by the printer. I could go as late as Tuesday without printing anything, but beyond that will put me in a crisis. The latest news is that the issue should be fixed tomorrow. We'll see.

We haven't ran the air conditioner for the last two days and it has been great. Although the air conditioning is fantastic, the cold air doesn't compare to fresh air. Tomorrow I think it is going to get slightly warmer than I can tolerate without air conditioning, so I'm trying to enjoy it while I can.


My dad is going to have surgery sometime after July 1 and it will be up to me to take him to Nashville to have it done. It's easier for me to take off from work than any other family members. I don't know any of the particulars yet as he meets with the surgeon on July 1 to go over all the details. One thing is for sure it will be during all the moving/closing mayhem. Thankfully this isn't a serious surgery, not that surgery isn't serious, it's just that his issue doesn't threaten his health.
Ragged is away tonight at a knitting excursion with Kissed Knitter, so I've been home most of the day alone. I'm a little stir crazy. I have cabin fever. I'm crazy as a shithouse rat, people. Nah, I just a little human contact, that's all.

I'll close with saying my thoughts go out to Brando and her family. I hope everyone finds peace and comfort in the times ahead.

The fireplace of our new home

1 Comments:

Blogger Brando said...

Thanks!

I didn't know that your daddy was having a surgery. I hope that all goes well. He is a GEM. One of the best.

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home