Cynical, Plain and Freakishly Tall
I think I have one of those faces. It feels like people are always saying, "you look familiar". From the lady at the hospital cafeteria who thought I was the guy who worked in the pharmacy to my mom and dad's pastor who insisted he had seen me before. I swear I've never seen the guy and I certainly don't work at the hospital pharmacy. I told Ragged I was so plain I looked like everyone.
Anyway, last night Ragged and I traveled home to see my dad in a Christmas cantata at his church. It was alot of fun and the group did a nice job. Dad played "Tony Hobbs", a new cast member to the community Christmas play. The play was about a community theater putting on a Christmas play while forgeting what Christmas is all about. There was a section of the play which dad wasn't in, as "Tony" had been eliminated from the play because they didn't have time to make his costume. Leaning over to Ragged, I inquired, "Where's Tony?". Ragged began to chant quietly, "Tony, Tony, Tony." Of course I began to laugh and would have shot milk out my nose had I been drinking it at the time.
We got home about 8:30 or so. Looks like nasty weather is coming. For some reason I love all these winter weather advisories and snow accumulations. I loved watching the Snowbird report when I was a kid and seeing if our school system was closed.
Anyway, last night Ragged and I traveled home to see my dad in a Christmas cantata at his church. It was alot of fun and the group did a nice job. Dad played "Tony Hobbs", a new cast member to the community Christmas play. The play was about a community theater putting on a Christmas play while forgeting what Christmas is all about. There was a section of the play which dad wasn't in, as "Tony" had been eliminated from the play because they didn't have time to make his costume. Leaning over to Ragged, I inquired, "Where's Tony?". Ragged began to chant quietly, "Tony, Tony, Tony." Of course I began to laugh and would have shot milk out my nose had I been drinking it at the time.
We got home about 8:30 or so. Looks like nasty weather is coming. For some reason I love all these winter weather advisories and snow accumulations. I loved watching the Snowbird report when I was a kid and seeing if our school system was closed.

2 Comments:
Tony! Tony! Tony! (the crowd begins to wreck up the place)
I never considered you plain or freakishly tall. I always thought of you as a extremely nice, compassionate and genuinely good guy with an oddly mishapen head. But not tall by no means.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home