Monday, January 08, 2007

Taken Tenders

There is a phenomenon where in a breakroom refrigerator at work people believe they can take other people's food. I'm not sure why they believe this, but I've had issues at almost every workplace I've toiled in. The latest installment was with my leftover chicken tenders from lunch. I had three perfectly good chicken tenders ready to eat at dinner. When I opened the container, one of them was gone. Someone at work ate it. It's not that this is that big of a deal and I realize how nuts I would look stomping around the office trying to find out who took it, but damn it it wasn't theirs. People do some dirty stuff. If the culprit would have asked, they could have had them. I have a couple of suspects, but I'll never know and I'll always wonder if it was this person or that person.

3 Comments:

Blogger needlefingers said...

A passive-agressive way to find out who did it was to casually mention that someone had taken one of your chicken tenders and you sure hoped they won't catch anything, because, after all, the doctor was kind of vague about that. :)

I had someone take one of my waters at work, and I mentioned to the group that whoever took it probably wished they wouldn't, because I reuse all my water bottles. So, I told them, whoever it was now has all of my germs, plus our water has high nitrate levels.

Didn't have a problem after that.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Brando said...

If you have it narrowed down make them some super ex-lax brownies!

Okay! I am in a violent mood just do what needles says.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Rudy said...

Take the next leftover tenders and run them through your A$$ crack and then seed the fridge. Then watch for absentees over the next couple of days. What can I say...I work at a refinery.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home