
After a little research, I realized Ragged and I had a jar or two of the blighted Peter Pan peanut butter that was causing illness and mass hysteria far and wide recently. We had eaten out of both jars, so I doubt it could cause us to get sick, but in the interest of our health, I went ahead and chucked the jars. One thing I did learn was that Peter Pan and the Wally World brand are the same. After a discussion with a co-worker, I realized that there are alot of generic brands that are actually the brand name stuff. They simply package their product for the generic brand or whatever. Reminds me of being a kid and my mom would buy a generic ketchup and pour it into a brand name bottle as my sister and I hated generic ketchup. Of course, I don't think that particular generic brand was our brand name ketchup, but I'm not sure there was enough difference for us to catch on. I think I did realize this, but I was too lazy to do research to find out which brand is the generic brand. I'm a bad, bad consumer.
This is Eli poised to attack a cardinal which has landed on his porch. If only that damned replacement window weren't there.
2 Comments:
When I worked in the filter factory, you boxed filters coming down the line in one brand's box, and when that order was full, you boxed them in another brand's box. And the boxes went on about their superiority to other brands, when they were exactly the same.
There were a few differences, but that was only about 2-3 brands (Mopar for one) out of 18-20. So when they tell you to 'demand' AC Delco parts, you really don't have to.
But with food, I can tell subtle differences in generic and name brand in certain things Generic green beans? No biggie. Generic chunky sirloin burger soup? Uh-uh.
I am glad that you guys didnt get sick or have the green apple splatters. Good idea to chuck the jars just in case. Glad to see you guys also got some snow. Dont look like its gonna hang around long.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home