Thursday, February 15, 2007

Come On Now

We're in a deep freeze despite the fact that yesterday was Valentine's day. Freddy's water bowl is frozen and the heater is running non-stop. Ragged went out of bounds and got me a Starbucks thermos for V-day. I'm enjoying some coffee at my second job (no I haven't quit yet) as we speak. It would be much nicer to be at home doing the same, but with the upcoming unknown contractor bill, I'm going to hang in a little longer. At any rate, thanks to Ragged. You shouldn't have and you'll probably be sorry you did. ;)

So, there has been some movement on the prospect of me getting to work at home. I went back to my boss with the pros and cons. After nearly a half hour of discussing my list, he told me to write up a proposal of how it would work. I spent the rest of the afternoon doing just that and interviewing another officer who does the same thing in another district. It's going to be a big pain in the buttocks to begin with, but hopefully it will all be worthwhile. Part of the good news besides the obvious is getting reimbursed for internet expense and cell phone. Perhaps the hardest part of it all will be in convincing Ragged to let me set up a work area somewhere besides the cold den (aka basement room). Please, Ragged, Pleeeeeze.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynilu said...

I vote in your favor! Tell Ragged that if you have a space upstairs, you'll be closer and it will be cozier for the 2 of you! My son-in-law works at home and it is nice. He can actually be with the family while he is working, and if he needs quiet or privacy, he simply take the laptop into another room. Believe it or not, it has actually improved their family life. He sometimes works longer hours, but no one minds because they are together and interacting more! Win/win!

1:14 AM  
Blogger Rudy said...

You have to stand your ground or you may find yourself in the dog house in more ways then one. Just kidding. I know that Ragged will let you move upstairs in the nice warm office area. Keep on working on the boss. If he doesnt go for it you can always key his car. ;)

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home