Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Step By Step

Tonight was by far the worst time of our moving experience. Our "old" house was inspected for the new owners. For those who don't know, home inspections last two, yes I said two, hours. That means I was in my car with four crying cats for two plus hours. It was closer to three if you count us leaving out 20 minutes early and the inspection lasting 15 to 20 minutes longer than anticipated. It started out with Ragged helping me get them all in their crates. Izzie and Ike were easy, Eli a little bit harder, and Cooper, well let's just say it didn't go well. Nevertheless, we eventually got them all in. We went to a nearby park while Ragged went and grabbed some food. About an hour later, Ragged exited for a conveniently planned meeting. I sat around a little while then I went and parked down the street and watched and waited for them to leave. Brealtor called in the meantime and said there were a few things but they were all minor and she didn't expect anything to hold up the house going to the appraisal stage. She even said the couple wanted to move up their closing and she asked if we needed a full 30 days to move out to which I replied, hell to the naw. As soon as all of this is done the better. Ragged initially wanted to take a week after closing to move out, but I think she's on the "the sooner the better" train now. Anyway, back to the cats, after I saw the buyers and their inspector pull away, I gunned it and whipped into the driveway and immediately started unloading cats. Eli was first since he was in a smaller crate on top of Ike. When I got him in the house, he began yelping and I opened the door and he was turned around and didn't realize he could get out. I poked him in the butt then went for another cat, figuring he would figure it out eventually. I got Ike out next. Ike has the hardest time with the experience but he's the quickest to recover afterward. I grabbed Izzie next and then poor Cooper who occupies the most cumbersome cat carrier we own. Needless to say we are all back home now and everyone is settling down. Cooper scurries away when I walk by, but he'll be okay in short time. I'm just glad that's all over with. I have been worried and dreading it for days now.

I can't even look at you

3 Comments:

Blogger Ramblin73 said...

One step closer. Great job on the kitties. I knew you could do it.

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm, do you think Ike and Izzie were the easiest because your gentle, yet authoritative girlfriend snagged them?

6:20 AM  
Blogger Brando said...

All these anonymous posts are cracking me up!

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home