Holiday Update
Last night I finished up my Christmas shopping. I still have some wrapping to do and there are some gifts in transit via the US mail and FedEx, but for all intent and purpose, I am finished. It feels like a giant weight lifted off my shoulder. I think gift buying is what makes this time of year so stressful, for me at least. Now, what makes people crazy during this time of the year is anybody's guess.
Today is the final Christmas get together for work. We are having lunch at a nearby restaurant followed by dessert and wassel at my boss's house. This is always an uncomfortable event, and this year should be no exception. We'll be joined this year by the commissioner of our state department and his lackey which should add to the tense atmosphere. Did I mention that most of co-workers hate one another?
The other night, we had our dinner at Texas Roadhouse at my second job which was fun if not a bit weird. There were kids and ex-husbands and plenty of personal craziness to make it a pretty fun evening. I had steak and ribs and about 3 gallon of sweet tea.
My third job, I got a glittery Christmas card and a letter which I didn't read. I ended up with glitter all over my face which I noticed on my way back from lunch at my first job. I hate those glittery Christmas cards. Please don't ever send me one.
Just a little over a week until all this is over and I have some time off. I never thought I'd say this, but bring on Christams.
Today is the final Christmas get together for work. We are having lunch at a nearby restaurant followed by dessert and wassel at my boss's house. This is always an uncomfortable event, and this year should be no exception. We'll be joined this year by the commissioner of our state department and his lackey which should add to the tense atmosphere. Did I mention that most of co-workers hate one another?
The other night, we had our dinner at Texas Roadhouse at my second job which was fun if not a bit weird. There were kids and ex-husbands and plenty of personal craziness to make it a pretty fun evening. I had steak and ribs and about 3 gallon of sweet tea.
My third job, I got a glittery Christmas card and a letter which I didn't read. I ended up with glitter all over my face which I noticed on my way back from lunch at my first job. I hate those glittery Christmas cards. Please don't ever send me one.
Just a little over a week until all this is over and I have some time off. I never thought I'd say this, but bring on Christams.

1 Comments:
One work Xmas party was enough. I can't imagine 3 of them. The lecture at the end of this years party wasn't directed at our dept. but why whip one kid when you can whip all 4 and make sure you send a message to the other three. I guess that was my bosses boss frame of mind last night. This was a memorable party but a punch would have to be throw to top the all time most memorable Xmas parties.:) I'm with you lest get this over with.
Interesting note word verification was (ohgor). How fitting.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home