Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Squeeze Play

Things are changing at my job. A new supervisor has been named and we are getting two new employees come Monday. My old supervisor ascended to a position that will keep her out of our office but in our region most of the time, but she will still be around. I have to say I'm glad we are getting new employees to help with the overwhelming casework, but with new people come more desks in our relatively small office. So far, with the prior new additions, I have maintained my own private office, but I fear these two new people and a new supervisor will encroach on my fortress of solitude. I fall somewhere in the middle when it comes to seniority unfortunately. Until now, I've been able to shut my door and have privacy while having a private phone call or simply to shut out all the craziness that goes on in the day-to-day operations of our office. Nothing official has been said, but I can feel my days of aloneness coming to an end. I hope I'm not thrown into the crowded area where all the newbies are located. That would just be more than I could stand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home